problem with watchdog/reboot MPC5200

Jaap-Jan Boor jjboor at aimsys.nl
Thu Apr 20 20:21:13 EST 2006

Arno,

I think your problem is related to Intel Strataflash specifics.
After a write to strataflash, it remains in status mode until another
read (or reset) command is issued. This means you don't get the flash
contents when reading it, but a status bit (e.g. 0x8080 at every spot).
So when the processor start executing after a reset, it's not reading
proper instructions.

You first need to e.g. write a reset cmd (0x5050) to it or connect
the processor's hardreset line to the flash device.

Jaap-Jan