Port Linux w/ mbxboot to PPCBoot system

Jessica Chen jessicac at tccomm.com
Wed Apr 19 05:51:19 EST 2006

Thank you for your reply Wolfgang!

In u-boot-1.1.4 README "Where we come from" section, it says u-boot "provide
extended interface to Linux boot loader".  Does it mean that there is still
some sort of boot loader in arch/ppc/coffboot/vmlinux.gz ?  If yes, when
does it start?  Does it boot the kernel?

To build u-boot, I will need to get the manual for MPC852 and check the
configurations in include/configs/TQM860L.h file.

I am trying to find the machine specific header file in linux-2.4.25
(include/asm-ppc/tqm8xx.h file in linux-2.4.4) which should have the same
definition of structure bd_info as in include/asm-ppc/u-boot.h.  And you
recommend using linux-2.4 instead of linux-2.6 on your website.

So am I heading the right directions here?  Because the u-boot README
doesn't have the new directories and filenames, I am a little confused.

Thanks again,

Jessica