IIC troubles w/ ppc4xx (STB04)

Eugene Surovegin ebs at ebshome.net
Sun Apr 16 13:09:44 EST 2006

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 03:41:28AM +0200, Andre Draszik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble using iic_smbus_quick() of i2c/busses/i2c-ibm-iic.c
> I am trying to i2c_probe() to probe for some devices, which at the end
> calls iic_smbus_quick().
>
> Basically, I get a Data Machine Check as soon as iic->directcntl is
> accessed. Actually, this register is not described in the (old)
> documentation I have.

Does everything else work? I mean ordinary I2C access like read/write.
If everything else is fine, just comment out that iic_smbus_quick()
call or just don't use i2c_probe(). It's a hack anyway, because I2C
spec has no provision for "probing". I wrote this bit-banging
implementation just to get some people off my back :).

BTW, I never tested my driver on STB4, maybe ocp_defs are wrong (in
this case i2c will not work at all).

--
Eugene