Linux kernel for MPC834X platform

Stefan Meyer reyems at telkomsa.net
Tue Apr 11 20:30:32 EST 2006

Hi All
Pardon the intrusion if this is not the correct way to get the relevant information, but I am relatively new to kernel hacking.
Anyway here goes my question:
I am getting a Freescale MPC8343 based board up and running and have been using the BSP (with patched 2.6.11 kernel) release by Freescale with great success.
However when I tried to use the USB ISO transactions it seems to be non functional. I have connected a known good working codec (tested on my PC's usb) and tried to access it via the low level sound driver (/dev/dsp) but it only creates garbled noise.
In the meanwhile, I have noticed that the official kernel release 2.6.17 also start supporting the MPC834X platform and would rather like to persue that avenue to get my problems addressed (hopefully).
I have downloaded the latest 2.6.17 kernel and got it going  with the configuration for MPC834x_sys, with relation to booting and ethernet comms.
However there are clearly no provision in the USB driver for setting up the usb clocks and ports (which is of course MPC834x specific).
I have tried to hack it by inserting approriate code form the 2.6.11 freescale kernel but with very little success.
On inspection of the 2.6.11 kernel from Freescale I have also noticed that the USB core drivers were heavily modified around DMA buffer management, although the 2.6.17 had no such hacks in place.
My question simply relates to the status of the MPC834x implementation on the 2.6.17 kernel in so far that it is operational and being tested on hardware platforms. Could you please direct me to the persons(s) who have experience with this platform ?

Regards
Stefan