SBC 8245 problem with linux kernel PCI bus configuration

kevin morizur kevinmorizur at hotmail.fr
Wed Apr 5 20:49:41 EST 2006

Hi.
I'am using a SBC8245 board,ELDK 4.0 and Linux 2.6.11.
I make a linux kernel for MPC8245 with ELDK version 4.0 and i meet few
problems :

1) I make my kernel configuration and when i activate the PCI bus support i
have errors in compilation: PIRQA,PIRQB,PIRQC,PIRQD,
PCI_INT_MASK_REG,PCI_INT_STAT_REG,PCI_INT_TO_SIU are not defined. When i
compile without PCI bus support, there is no problem. So i don't have PCI
bus activate !

2) When i start the kernel on my target the console displays : Detected
PPCBOOT header
                    Verifying image CRC...ok
                    Uncompressing Kernel Image...ok
                    Starting Linux Kernel.
and it stops. My console is connected via the serial port which is connected
to the MPC8245 via PCI bus. So maybe the linux kernel starts correctly but i
can't see anything ?

So if you could help me to make PCI bus working correctly !

Regards,
Kevin