mpc5200b and floating point

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Mon Apr 3 18:03:03 EST 2006

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 08:36:34PM +0200, White wrote:
> Am Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:36:20 +0200 schrieb Sascha Hauer
> <s.hauer at pengutronix.de> :
>
> Please check your Toolchain.
> Have you build it ?

I have built it with crosstool 0.38

> Do you use glibc or something like uclibc ?

glibc

With -msoft-float everything is working fine, but with softfloat.
Without flags or with -mhard-float my toolchain (which is btw a
gcc-4.0.2, glibc 2.3.6) generates floating point instructions which I
can see in the objdump.
Since this seems more like a toolchain related problem, maybe the
crosstool ml is a better place for this.

Sascha