Howto Cross Compile GCC to run on PPC Platform

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Oct 29 06:51:24 EST 2005

In message <20051028155510.17662.qmail at web33413.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you wrote:
>    I am trying to compile GCC on an x86 platform to
> run natively on an embedded PPC platform.  I am able
> to compile gcc as a cross compiler (to run on x86),
> but can't seem to get it to cross compile gcc (to run
> on ppc).  Does anyone know of a good HowTo to do this?
>  I'm currently downloading the source distro of ELDK,
> so if it's already in there I'll find it, but if there

It is.

> is one elsewhere online please let me know.

Note that released versions of the ELDK (up  to  and  including  ELDK
3.1.1)  require  a  RedHat-7.3  build  host. Don't waste your time on
trying later Linux distros ;-)

Current top-of-tree in CVS should build under Fedora Core 4; but this
code has not been released yet - it is beta quality only.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Any excuse will serve a tyrant."                             - Aesop