denx 3.1.1 eldk ramdisk_image

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 17 08:34:00 EST 2005

In message <20051016125338.12386.qmail at webmail50.rediffmail.com> you wrote:

> now i am using ELDK 3.1.1 , and also us
> ing the ramdisk image provided by the ELDK ramdisk_image.gz ,
> and in ker
> nel i have configured for intial ramdisk support with size 4096 and for ext
> 2 file system ,
> it gives the message
>
> VFS kernel panic unable to mo
> unt root fs 01:00

It certainly gives some more messages, which you did not  share  with
us. Also your kernel configuration is unknown to us.

So what do you expect? That we guess the casue of teh problem from  a
single line of output? I'm afraid it doesn't work like that.

Provide better information, and you might receive better advice.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
What is research but a blind date with knowledge?      -- Will Harvey