denx 3.1.1 eldk ramdisk_image

somshekar chandrashekar kadam som_kadam1 at rediffmail.com
Sun Oct 16 22:53:38 EST 2005

Hi ,

  thanks Wlofgang Denk for the answer we can use ramdisk image used for other kernel version ,
now i am using ELDK 3.1.1 , and also using the ramdisk image provided by the ELDK ramdisk_image.gz ,
and in kernel i have configured for intial ramdisk support with size 4096 and for ext2 file system ,
it gives the message

VFS kernel panic unable to mount root fs 01:00

i tried both options
first one making a multi image
using mkimage clubbing it into one image FI64_fresh , with vmlinux.gz and ramdisk_image.gz

./mkimage -A ppc -O linux -T multi -C gzip -a 0 -e 0 -n FI64_fresh -d vmlinux.gz:ramdisk_image.gz FI64_fresh

i download FI64_fresh at 0x500000 using tftpboot

use bootm 0x500000 to boot the kernel i get the above message .

second option

at 0x500000 in ram i download uImage of the linux-2.4.25 .
at 0x600000 i download ramdisk_image.gz

and use the command
bootm 0x500000 0x600000
 i get the same message as above

i do intial check using imi command it says images are fine after veryfing checksum

is it i am missing somethoing else please let me know or is there any other way to check this

Thanks In Advance
Neelu