Which PHY connection to use on MPC8541...

Stefan Nickl stefan.nickl at kontron.com
Tue Oct 11 20:57:59 EST 2005

Hi,

about a year ago we resorted to using port pin MDIO in this situation
for the FCCs because the fcc_enet driver and the gianfar driver live
in separate worlds, so to speak.

But in the meantime, Andy Fleming was very active regarding the PHY
abstraction layer. I still haven't seen patches that migrate fcc_enet
to using this layer, but the gianfar driver seems to use this code now.

So I'd say quick solution: use TSEC1 MDIO for TSECs and cpm port pins
for FCC, clean solution: change fcc_enet to use the PHY abstraction
layer.

--
Stefan Nickl
Kontron Modular Computers