boot-time partitions and bootargs for 2.6.14

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 11 17:14:23 EST 2005

In message <434B12C5.2050809 at tait.co.nz> you wrote:

> struct map_info physmap_map = {
>     .name = "Physically mapped flash",
> Note that the name has embedded spaces - something I've never managed to
> get U-Boot to pass across on the kernel command line (I'm sure Wolfgang
> will correct me if I'm wrong here!!). The '1' in your

You are 100% correct. When using command line partitioning, the .name
entry must not contain spaces (no matter which boot loader you use  -
this is a problem with the Linux kernel's argument parsing).

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Quote from a recent meeting:   "We are going to continue having these
meetings everyday until I find out why no work is getting done."