Which way to store log in flash on mpc8xx?

David Ho davidkwho at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 12:06:36 EST 2005

Hi, just catching up on this problem as I have another unit that
showed the same symptom.
My system looks like this

MPC852T
128Mbytes SDRAM
64Mbytes Flash

Flash partitions
2*1.25Mbytes partitions for Kernel
61.5Mbytes for rootfs and applications.
Remaining 1Mbyte for U-boot, u-boot env and spare.

I get that same problem as well.  kernel BUG at gc.c: 139

I have compiled Perl, Openssl, Openssh, etc running NFS so SDRAM is
definitely not the issue.

David: have you gotten any new insights since?

Regards,
David Ho