Fwd: Anyone using Montavista mobilinux?

Paulinha gnathita at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 18:29:52 EST 2005

Lots of thanks for the reply.

If you do not bother to aswer me again, do you know which devices are
supported by Mobilinux? I cannot find that information in the web, and if
one of them is Virtex II-Pro, it would be a good new for us.

Thanks again!
Paula

Paulinha wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am starting a new design for a mobile device, with a virtex 4, and
> based on the ppc405 hard core it has inside.
>
> Because of power issues, we are thinking about a OS which implies low
> disipation, and we have heared about mobilinux (Montavista distribution,
> I think).

Yes, mobilinux is a MontaVista product (it used to be called Consumer
Electronics Edition some time ago).

So far I haven't heard about plans to support Virtex 4 in Mobilinux.
Please contact MVista in an official way - I was mostly developing for
the Professional Edition (the most generic distribution with minimal
set of additional features) and may not have the whole picture.
Probably Virtex 4 support in Mobilinux could be done as a Professional
Services project.

Pro Edition LSP for Virtex 4 based Xilinx ML403 board should be available
in Q1 2006. But power consumption is not in the requirements for this LSP.

Best regards,
Andrei