interrupts limit??

Mark Chambers markc at mail.com
Tue Nov 15 23:40:55 EST 2005

> Hi ,linuxppc-embedded !
>
>   I have done the interrupt request by request_irq() on the Linux 2.4.25
,when typing the 'cat /proc/interrupts', I can see the information as follow
:

> /proc # cat interrupts
>            CPU0
>   2:       3420   8xx SIU   Edge      wbga_interrupt
>   5:          0   8xx SIU   Edge      CPM cascade
>  15:          0   8xx SIU   Edge      tbint
>  16:          0   CPM       Edge      error
>  20:        801   CPM       Edge      SMC1
>
> and I can see the number of wbga_interrupt is increasing. But a few
minutes later ,the number is locked at 128000 as follow:

> /proc # cat interrupts
>            CPU0
>   2:     128000   8xx SIU   Edge      wbga_interrupt
>   5:          0   8xx SIU   Edge      CPM cascade
>  15:          0   8xx SIU   Edge      tbint
>  16:          0   CPM       Edge      error
>  20:        833   CPM       Edge      SMC1
>
> and there is no wbga_interrupt any more....what's the matter with the
interrupt?why is 128000???

The problem is not /proc/interrupts, if that's what you're thinking.  The
number can go much
higher.  Believe what it's telling you:  Your driver has a problem and has
stopped generating
interrupts.

Mark Chambers