FW: U-boot linux kernel

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 10 09:57:19 EST 2005

In message <6AD9F6A5F6E096408F0B703773355A075BB03B at CHN-SNR-MBX01.wipro.com> you wrote:

>   I am right now working on MPC 8272 Ads board  to bring up the u-boot
> and the linux kernel on it . As I am success full in bringing up the
> u-boot . but I am finding it difficult in getting the linux up . As I
> downloaded the vmlinux image from montavista linux site for 8272Ads

Are you sure this image is configured for use with U-Boot?

> board and they  tried to tftp to 100000 at u-boot prompt I am not able

And did you read the FAQ, for example
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/LinuxUncompressingError ???

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Alliance: In international politics, the union  of  two  thieves  who
have  their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pocket that they
cannot separately plunder a third.                   - Ambrose Bierce