State of SPI for 2.4.25 kernel?

Ron Kellam ronkbox-news at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 17:55:43 EST 2005

Help!  I was hoping to use SPI on an MPC8247 running the EDLK 2.4.25
kernel, but as I look into the code, I'm not hopeful...

Can someone fill me in on the state of SPI in the 2.24.xx kernels.
What about under 2.6.xx?  (although I haven't yet brought 2.6.xx up on
the custom board I've got).

I've currently resorted to bit-banging for I2C, as the MPC8260 algo
driver didn't seem to behave on an 8272 family CPU.  I was intending
on also going bit-banging for the SPI, but spi-algo-bit.c seems to be
in a half complete state and won't even compile.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron Kellam.