MPC885 - USB HCI drivers.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 17 08:03:25 EST 2005

Dear Kylo,

in message <61cc712d05051614507b688c6e at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> There is a driver in the linux-2.4 tree at denx.de, although I have no

No, there is not!

> experience with it.  Here's info on the cvs repository:
> http://www.denx.de/e/solution-se.php.  Look in drivers/usb for
> m8xxhci.[ch]  This code is not in the 2.4/2.6 trees on kernel.org, not
> sure if patches have been submitted.  I don't know the history here.

This code will NOT work on a MPC885.  It  was  written  for  the  old
MPC823/850  processors,  and it NEVER worked really reliably on these
systems either.

My advice: use a _real_ USB controller.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
For those who like this sort of thing, this is the sort of thing they
like.                                               - Abraham Lincoln