ELDK/DENX: doesn't find iostream-lib when linking

Peter Gehirnforce Gehirnmann at gmx.de
Thu May 12 19:13:38 EST 2005

I use a makefile with dependencies:

# Makefile for simple test program
# The CROSS_COMPILE is set globally, as well as ELDK gcc-paths

compiler = ${CROSS_COMPILE}gcc
simple_server_objects = ServerSocket.o Socket.o simple_server_main.o
simple_client_objects = ClientSocket.o Socket.o simple_client_main.o

all : Socket ServerSocket simple_server_main simple_server ClientSocket
simple_c
lient_main simple_client

simple_server: $(simple_server_objects)
        $(compiler) -o simple_server $(simple_server_objects)

simple_client: $(simple_client_objects)
        $(compiler) -o simple_client $(simple_client_objects)

#ppc_gcc dependencies, added for compiling with ppc only!!
Socket:
        $(compiler) -o Socket.o -c Socket.cpp

ServerSocket: Socket.o
        $(compiler) -o ServerSocket.o -c ServerSocket.cpp

ClientSocket: Socket.o
        $(compiler) -o ClientSocket.o -c ClientSocket.cpp

simple_server_main: ServerSocket.o
        $(compiler) -o simple_server_main.o -c simple_server_main.cpp

simple_client_main: ClientSocket.o
        $(compiler) -o simple_client_main.o -c simple_client_main.cpp

clean:
        rm -f *.o simple_server simple_client

The program itself is using <string> <iostream> and other STL libs with
namespaces in use.
It compiles for i686 on my host machine.
BUT I had to change the Makefile!!! (that is why I posted it)
The dependencies starting from "gcc-ppc" dependencies are added.
Are they defined wrong?

Peter

+++ Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS +++
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail