udhcp problem

Atit_Shah Atit_Shah at satyam.com
Thu May 12 16:24:33 EST 2005

My configuration is as follows:

			_______________________
			|        ROUTER	    |
			|	___	    ___   |
			|_____| |_______| |___|
			   LAN	 WAN
				/\	     /\
				 |		|
  		   Stand Alone      Company
		 Windows System	   Network
			   (eth0)       (eth1)

I have a udhcp server running on eth0. When I give the command on the
windows machine "ipconfig /renew", the router assigns an IP address to
the System in the range 192.168.1.x while the router itself has the IP
192.168.1.1 (default). I can ping the router from the system and
vice-versa.

I manually assigned a static IP to eth1 as 172.19.56.x insync with the
company IP address scheme. I can ping from the router to any other
system on the network.

Now when I try to ping a system or eth1 from the windows machine I get a
time out. But if I have to manually assign an IP to the windows
machine(ie not through the udhcp server) I am able to ping eth1 and any
other system on the network.

Any ideas as to how and why? If you need more inform please let me
know...

Atit

DISCLAIMER: