Network Setup - HOW TO

Atit_Shah Atit_Shah at satyam.com
Thu May 12 16:24:40 EST 2005

Hi all,

	I have a custom router and ported the udhcp server/client on it.
My router has 2 ports eth0 - LAN and eth1 - WAN. My setup is as follows:
1.
To eth0: connect a stand alone windows machine

when I run the server with the command "uphcpd", it by default runs on
eth0. then on the windows machine when I say "ipconfig /renew", the
router assigns an IP address to the system - perfect.

2.
To eth0: connect to my company network.

when I run the server with the command "uphcpd", it by default runs on
eth0. then when I run the client "udhcpc" the router assigns an IP
address to eth0 obtained from the company server - perfect.

All this happens on eth0 ONLY.

I wish to configure the router as follows:
To eth0: stand alone system
To eth1: company network

The router should get an IP from my company server and assign it to eth1
and then it should assign a IP to my standalone system connected to
eth0. how do I do this?

Regards
Atit Shah

DISCLAIMER: