Network Setup - HOW TO

Atit_Shah Atit_Shah at satyam.com
Mon May 9 15:46:41 EST 2005

My company uses the 172.19.x.x IP addresses, I want a PC with
192.168.x.x IP address to access the company network via a router. I
have a router running Linux and having 2 Ethernet ports. I configured
the systems in the following 2 ways:

1. Eth0 (LAN port) - 172.19.56.218
   Eth1 (WAN port) - 172.19.56.219
   Single System   - 192.168.100.10 - IP Address
			   172.19.56.218  - Gateway
			   172.19.56.218  - DNS

2. Eth0 (LAN port) - 192.168.100.20
   Eth1 (WAN port) - 172.19.56.219
   Single System   - 192.168.100.10 - IP Address
			   192.168.100.20 - Gateway
			   192.168.100.20 - DNS

But I am not able to ping from the router to my single system in either
way.
How should I configure router to make this possible for the 2 networks
to communicate?

The second question is how to run DHCP on my router so it can receive a
dynamic IP and assign dynamic IP when I power my router?

Atit