Ethernet bridging on MPC8248

Ole Andreas Torvmark ole.torvmark at radionor.no
Mon May 2 19:28:27 EST 2005

Hi !

I've a custom board with a MPC8248 with two LXT972 10/100MBit ethernet phys.

The board is running 2.6.9-rc1, and I'm using the FCC ENET Version 0.3
driver with some modifications.

My question is :

I've tried to get ethernet briding between the two ethernet ports to work.

I've set up the following :

ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0
ifconfig eth1 0.0.0.0
brctl addbr br0
brctl addif br0 eth0
brctl addif br0 eth1
ifconfig br0 192.168.0.222 netmask 255.255.255.0

If I connect a machine to port 0 (eth0) then I can ping the bridge from
that machine,
If I connect a machine to port 1 (eth1) I cannot ping the bridge.
If I connect machines to both ports, I cannot ping one machine from the
other, the only thing i can successfully ping is from port 0 to bridge
and from bridge to port 0

Is this a known problem with the FCC ENET driver or does it support
bridging fully ?

best regards

Ole Andreas Torvmark
R & D Engineer