USB support on Lite5200

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 31 07:40:11 EST 2005

Dear Ed,

in message <GPECLCIGPLHEOMGPMCPAOEOJCMAA.edjubenville at adelphia.net> you wrote:
> I'm using a FreeScale Lite5200 development board with an MPC5200.  I used
> ELDK 1.3 and DAS U-Boot to get a working kernel, booted, etc., but I later
> found that the configuration I chose (icecube_5200_defconfig) didn't have
> USB support enabled.
>
> My first USB goal is hook up a SanDisk cruzer 256 MB memory stick.  Which
> configuration options need to change?  Is there a HOWTO or example
> configuration file somewhere?

See Documentation/Configure.help for a description  of  the  configu-
ration options.

> Eventually, I would like to support at least one kind of USB keyboard.
> Where can I find guidance for that configuration.

For a start, you can use  the  "icecube_5200_CoralP"  which  has  USB
support (for mouse, keyboard, mass storage devices) enabled.

For example, compare the config files like this:

	diff arch/ppc/configs/icecube_5200{,_CoralP}_defconfig

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Brontosaurus Principle: Organizations  can  grow  faster  than  their
brains  can manage them in relation to their environment and to their
own physiology: when this occurs, they are an endangered species.
                                                - Thomas K. Connellan