MPC885 CryptoApi support.

Bryan O'Donoghue typedef at eircom.net
Tue Mar 29 20:23:15 EST 2005

Bruce Donadt wrote:

> To answer the original question. The code is provided under a GPL license to
> companies that purchase a subscription to the Arabella Linux distribution.
> We have invested many man months in developing a commercial grade security
> solution for the PowerQUICCs and all of it has been written from the ground
> up. You are correct when you say that none of this is included in our "free"
> evaluation kit.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Bruce

Don't mean to start an argument or unnecessarily continue a discussion,
Bruce, but, GPL=/the right to fork/.

If it is the case that you have provided a GPL-Arabella-Linux-Kernel, to
a customer and all the code is GPL compliant, then that customer, is
*free* to fork and/or redistribute that code, which seems like a bit of
an oxymoron, for a commercial offering !

--
Best
Bryan