Looking for prebuilt PPC board with miniPCI slot

Stefan Nickl Stefan.Nickl at kontron.com
Sat Mar 5 01:17:54 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 12:39 +0000, emre kara wrote:
> Hi Andriy;
> I dont know what you should buy but I know what you
> should not.
> I ordered a Kontron's MPC8540 e2brain board, it took 3
> months to get the board, or how to say, only the
> hardware of the board, but there was nothing important
> (linux source etc) on the cd, then we asked for linux
> source to Kontron, but they said us, it did'nt
> released yet and it!ll not be avaible at least 3
> months.

I am sorry for your bad experience with Kontron.

I also understand it doesn't help you now if I tell you I'm sitting at
the source here and would have happily provided you with a preliminary
version of either a 2.4 or a 2.6 kernel for this board.

About the delay of the hardware, the eb8540 is a recent product, and
from a engineering point of view, you'll understand that marketing
people tend to hype products even when they're not quite ready for
large-scale production (which has changed as of this writing).

I am advocating a stronger orientation towards the linux community for
quite some time now, and it slowly seems to catch on, so please don't
give up on us yet!

--
Stefan Nickl
Kontron Modular Computers