U_BOOT console baudrate mismatch

Susheel Raj susheel_nuguru at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jun 27 19:02:43 EST 2005

Hi all,

 I am a newbie in this area and i am here hoping some
help from our friendly programmers. I am working with
PwerPc processor MPC5200 with the board that was
produced in our company. Rightnow we have U_BOOT-1.1.1
and the problem is that it doesnt print wel on the
console. I have no hands on experience in workin with
u-boot...

the messages look very ugly like this ....

U-Boot 1.1.1 (Ju�23 2005 - 11:29:29)

CPU:   MPC5200 (JTAG ID 0001101d) at 396 .Hz
       .us 132 MH IPB 66 MHz, PCI 33 .Hz
Boardo Mitron .CT3
.F..SH:  4 M.
.In:    ser�ld FPGA binary image
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
NAND:

---------------
Bus --> 132MH
IPB ---> 66 MH
PCI ---> 33 MH
FLASH --> 4M
and so on..

 my server machine to which the board is connected has
the console with baud 38400 and i think u-boot default
baudrate is 115200 or 19200 (i am not sure)... where
should i need to change???? any sort of help or
redirections is greatly appreciated...

thanks a lot for you replies in advance