ppc32: problems boot the Linux for SBS/K2 board.

signal@embedworld ma.jianjie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 13:41:06 EST 2005

Hi,
We had a SBS/K2 board,which had an IBM PowerPC 750 processor with cPCI
interface. The old kernel on the boards worked quite well with Vxworks BSP
and Linux 2.4.2 kernel. But it failed to boot with the new kernel version
2.6.8(I had tested other versions too). Here is the message I got from the
HyperTerminal.

Attaching to ATA disk device... done.
Starting at 0x800000...

id mach(): done
MMU:enter

MMU:hw init

hash:enter

hash:find piece

hash:patch

hash:done

MMU:mapin

MMU:setio

MMU:exit

setup_arch: enter

setup_arch: bootmem

arch: exit

What's the problems of these failure?

Does anybody here had succeeded booting the 2.6 kernel for SBS/K2 boards?

Thanks in advanced!

Jianjie Ma
2005.6.27