sub-module loading (was: Anyone got drivers/mtd/maps/pm828.c?)

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Thu Jun 16 18:47:23 EST 2005

Hi, Alex...
good to know, that you made good progress. :-)

I just X-post this to linux-mtd so maybe somebody can have a look
at your issue, too.

I also experienced "problems" with sub-module-loading. Or maybe
I just missed something:
I need to load mtdchar and map_ram separately in order to be
able to probe my mminfo.ko module to access/mess some
SRAM in my FPGA on a MPC8540. I didn't care about that yet,
but maybe there are missing dependencies which can be solved
automagically here. Or is the sub-module loading supposed to
work like this (well, manual) as somebody might want to choose
in between i.e. mtdblock and/or mtdchar?

I'm talking about the Kernel 2.6.11.11 mtd subsystem.

Best greets,

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices
Anagramm GmbH