Anyone got drivers/mtd/maps/pm828.c?

Alex Zeffertt ajz at cambridgebroadband.com
Wed Jun 15 23:54:34 EST 2005

Hi Clemens,

Thanks for your help.  I've done it now (see attached).  The
partitioning is specific to our application but it is easily modified.

I noticed a buggette in the mtd code while doing this.  If you build
everything as a module then the sub-module loading doesn't work
properly.  For example in gen_probe.c it says

#ifdef CONFIG_MTD_CFI_INTELEXT
	case 0x0001:
	case 0x0003:
		return cfi_cmdset_0001(map, primary);
#endif

where it should really say

#if defined(CONFIG_MTD_CFI_INTELEXT) ||
    defined(CONFIG_MTD_CFI_INTELEXT_MODULE)
	case 0x0001:
	case 0x0003:
		return cfi_cmdset_0001(map, primary);
#endif

There are several problems like this.  In the end I gave up and just
built everything except the actual mapping driver as kernel resident.

Alex