UART TL 16C550C on custom mpc5200 board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 14 05:42:07 EST 2005

In message <000d01c5701b$d08210e0$34f1ff0a at beint.local> you wrote:

> i'm working on a custom 5200 board with kernel 2.4.25.
> I have to integrate an UART 16C550C in /dev/ttyXX.
> Does everyone knows an existing driver i can modify for use with this chip?

You don't have to modify much; just  configure  the  interrupts,  add
definitions  of  STD_SERIAL_OP  for  all  ports to your board file in
arch/ppc/platforms/, and make sure that there is no conflict in major
numbers between drivers/char/serial.c and any other serial driver  in
your system.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A woman should have compassion.