答复: How to load a linux kernel under vxworks bootloader (PPC860board)

Esben Nielsen simlo at phys.au.dk
Thu Jul 28 21:07:04 EST 2005

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, FCG WANG Baohua wrote:

> Dear Esben:
>  Thanks for your advice. I guess the vxworks 5.3.1 can process the ELF format.
>  Can you tell me "the link address of the VxWorks kernel ELF file" ?
>  Someone said that  "make sure the Linux kernel is linked at that same address".
>  Other one said to use zImage of kernel instead of ELF "vmlinux" image, have you tested using zImage on vxWorks?

I used the compressed elf image. I lost my HD since so I can't find it
now, but I think it was called arch/ppc/boot/zImage.elf or something like
that. It is around 1+-0.4 Mb big. Use the file command to check wether it
is elf or not.

>   Can you give me some step  tips when processing your 5.5 bootloader ?
Hmm, in the boot-prompt I just type the file-name of the linux kernel
instead of the vxWorks kernel. Not special issues. I guess I was lucky,
because I really don't know much about these issues!

Esben