How reliable is jffs2 really (denx cvs devel kernel)?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 20 04:42:41 EST 2005

In message <4dd15d1805071905573ebcba61 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I updated the JFFS2 portion of the Denx devel kernel with the latest
> from CVS and it solved the initial mount time problem.  But it was a
> while a ago when I did this.  Both the devel kernel and the CVS head
> has changed quite a bit since then.

I would rally appreciate if you mentioned which exact version of  the
kernel you are talking about. "The Denx devel kernel" can be anything
- either yesterday or 3 years old.

At the moment our CVS tree contains a snapshot from MTD CVS of  March
13, 2005; yes, we did the necessary backport to the 2.4 kernel.

Do you want to say that this version still  has  mount  time  issues?
Please provide details!

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The word "fit", as I understand it, means "appropriate to a purpose",
and I would say the body of the Dean is supremely appropriate to  the
purpose of sitting around all day and eating big heavy meals.
                                 - Terry Pratchett, _Moving Pictures_