8272ADS and Linux 2.6.12

SIP COP 009 sipcop009 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 03:18:14 EST 2005

Thanks all for the replies and help. I have the 2.6 Kernel running
now. Here are few of the things that i did to make it happen:

1: make ads8272_defconfig
2: edit .config to add the follow:
CONFIG_SERIAL_CORE=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_CORE_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_CPM=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_CPM_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_CPM_SCC1=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_CPM_SCC2=y

3. In u-boot, set the bootargs to
bootargs=root=/dev/ram rw console=ttyCPM0,115200

4.Modify the file arch/ppc/platforms/pq2ads.h,
// #define BCSR_ADDR            ((uint)0xf4500000)
#define BCSR_ADDR ((uint)0xff080000)

Thanks!
ashutosh