8272ADS and Linux 2.6.12

Mike Rapoport mike at compulab.co.il
Sun Jul 17 16:52:20 EST 2005

SIP COP 009 wrote:

>Hello,
>
>We have a MPC8272 Eval Board which came with Linux 2.4 and U-boot. We
>wanted to move to 2.6. I downloaded the latest 2.6.12 sources and
>compiled the sources for this platform. The kernel is built, have run
>the mkimage tool, but the kernel wont boot.  It just hangs after
>decompressing the image.
>

>Any ideas  ? Anything different that needs to be done for 2.6 ? Or any
>known issues ?

If you're using the u-boot that came with MPC8272 Eval board it may
happen that BCSR is mapped differently in u-boot and the kernel 2.6.
That's what happened when I tried to boot linux 2.6 on MPC8272ADS. Check
the value of CFG_BCSR in u-boot/include/configs/MPC8260ADS.h and
BCSR_ADDR in linux/arch/ppc/platforms/pq2ads.h

--
Sincerely yours,
Mike