2.6.12-rc2 netconsole problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 6 19:04:48 EST 2005

In message <20050706041038.70258.qmail at web15810.mail.cnb.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> > Nope, that's how netconsole works, it's not
> > interactive (like console is
> > after init is spawned).
>
> Not interactive? I meant to use netconsole to repalce
> the mointor serial console. Meanwhile, I implemented
> netconsole on the target in u-boot and it did get a
> interactive console. Maybe I can try telnet after

It seems you failed to read the doc/README.NetConsole fle that  comes
with  the  U-Boot sources. This explains clearly that while in U-Boot
the netconsole implementation is bidirectional, the  Linux  coede  is
unidirectional only.

> netconsole to get a net console in Linux? Sound a
> little bit complicated than what I thought:-)

You should not use telnet for  obvious  security  problems.  Use  ssh
instead.  But  from  the technical side it is perfectly fine to use a
remote login through telnet or rsh or ssh...

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
                  Nail here --X-- for new monitor.