Compact flash driver linuxppc

somshekar chandrashekar kadam som_kadam1 at rediffmail.com
Wed Jul 6 16:34:53 EST 2005

HI  ,

i have kingston Compact flash of 1GB which is of slow

speed type may be 4X speed  and Sandisk Compact flash

of 1 GB which is latest called Xtreme which is 133X (

150kb/sec = 1X),

i have linux-2.4.18 running on my custom controller

using mpc862 using 64mb ram  , but i dont find speed

difference when i replace kingston with sandisk

compact flash , we found the test results of read and

write to compact flash is the same for both compact

flash .. what could be wrong ?
or is the processor the limitation ?

is it that i need to do some chnages on my driver ?

or is it something to do with the buffer read write if

am not wrong , please let me know ,

i dont know much abt this driver

Thanks In Advance
Neelu