Serial console problem on MPC8272ADS board

ning ningmin at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Jan 28 21:02:38 EST 2005

Hello,Vitaly

Thanks for your reply.

I added SCC4 to rs_table as following:
static struct serial_state rs_table[] = {
	/* UART CLK   PORT          IRQ      FLAGS  NUM */
	{ 0,     0, PROFF_SCC1, SIU_INT_SCC1,   0,   (0 |
NUM_IS_SCC) }, /* SCC1 ttyS0 */
	{ 0,     0, PROFF_SCC4, SIU_INT_SCC4,   0,   (3 |
NUM_IS_SCC) }, /* SCC4 ttyS1 */
};

ttyS0,ttyS1 work as COM port,but linux boot log only is
outputed at ttyS0,how can I redirect it at ttyS1?
After linux boots successfully,linux prompt will display
at ttyS1,and I use it normally.
(u-boot parameter: setenv bootargs root=/dev/nfs rw
console=ttyS1,115200n8
rootfs: /dev/console --> ttyS1)

at \arch\ppc\boot\simple\m8260_tty.c,Even if I define
SCC_CONSOLE to 4,Linux boot log is outputed at ttyS0.
the following  comment is written at m8260_tty.c:

/* If defined, enables serial console.  The value (1
through 4) should designate which SCC is used, but this
isn't complete.  Only SCC1 is known to work at this time.
*/

#ifdef CONFIG_SCC_CONSOLE
#define SCC_CONSOLE 4
#endif