Additional data/instruction BATs not initialized for MPC8280?

annamaya annamaya at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 04:49:13 EST 2005

I have read in the specs for the MPC8280 that it has a
G2_LE core which has 4 additional data and instruction
BATs. However, I dont see these BATS being cleared
early in the kernel. I only see that the first 4 pairs
are cleared using the mtspr instructions. But my
kernel comes up just fine and everything seems to work
OK. Dont we need to clear the other set of I/DBATS?
What happens when we dont do this? Thanks in advance.