Is there a DER for the MPC82xx?

annamaya annamaya at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 06:15:32 EST 2005

Dan,

Thanks for the reply. I do not understand the standard
COP interface very well, and hence the confusion.

On the 8xx, I had to worry about the DER cause that
was exactly what was set in the config file early on.
For example, if I did not have the external interrupt
bit set, I could not see that an external reset signal
was being asserted. Instead, all I would see is a
machine check somewhere else in the code.

I guess I am fine on the 82xx then. Great!