Kernel booting issues on a MPC8270 board

annamaya annamaya at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 22 07:16:32 EST 2005

I debugged this problem a little more and realized
that the reset was happenning right after the
execution of the first kernel instruction at
0x0000000c. The instruction at this location was
"mfpvr r28". I traced this back to a snippet of code
that was dealing with pipeline depth issues on the
MPC8260. Once I commented this code out, more
instructions were issued but the reboot happens
elsewhere. I am not able to pin-point the location of
the debug since my BDI fails to catch the reset when
it happens. Can someone point me to the cause of this
situation? Thanks in advance.