Kernel booting issues on a MPC8270 board

annamaya annamaya at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 09:49:36 EST 2005

I am trying to boot a mvista Linux Kernel ver. 2.4.20
on  a MPC8270 board. I am using the embed_config() in
zImage to pass the board info since the bootloader is
not ppcboot. After the message, "Now booting the
kernel", the board just reboots, as if someone yanked
the reset line. I have BDI hooked up but it doesn't
seem to catch the reset point in the code. And I am
unable to trace this to anything in the code. Any
suggestions? Thanks in advance.