Input to the timerclk on the MPC8280

Hans Schillstrom hans.schillstrom at pwav.com
Thu Jan 20 22:00:26 EST 2005

Hi,
I have the same problem on MPC8270,
and solved it two parts in u-boot:
- Setup you PC[26] to somtething else than TMCLK ex. g,p. I/O
    then you an automatic selecttion of BRG1 as source.

- Write a proper value in BRGC1 and make shure that
    bit 16-17 is 0 for selection of CPM as clock source.

and then you have to "move around the brgs" in (2.6.10)
drivers/serial/cpm_uart/cpm_uart_cpm2.c

I moved smc 1&2 to brg7 & 8
scc1 to brg2 etc
scc4 ext clk (48MHz for USB)

void smc1_lineif(struct uart_cpm_port *pinfo)
{
	volatile iop_cpm2_t *io = &cpm2_immr->im_ioport;

	/* SMC1 is only on port D */
	io->iop_ppard |= 0x00c00000;
	io->iop_pdird |= 0x00400000;
	io->iop_pdird &= ~0x00800000;
	io->iop_psord &= ~0x00c00000;
#ifndef CONFIG_RCB8270
	/* Wire BRG1 to SMC1 */
	cpm2_immr->im_cpmux.cmx_smr &= 0x0f;
	pinfo->brg = 1;
#else
        /* Wire BRG7 to SMC1 */
        cpm2_immr->im_cpmux.cmx_smr &= 0x0f;
        cpm2_immr->im_cpmux.cmx_smr |= 0x10;  /* BRG 7 */
        pinfo->brg = 7;
#endif
}

I guess you can do it in many ways ...

Any one that knows why SMC1 & SMC2 gets the same BRG as SCC1 & SCC2

Regards
/Hans