ISP1362 USB host controller with an MPC880

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 20 10:05:38 EST 2005

In message <C0170D0AF1277849A4B4518034F855DD0F90C6 at aiexchange.ai.aiinet.com> you wrote:

> 	I am currently looking into using the ISP1362 as a host
> controller on a Freescale (Motorola) MPC880 running Linux 2.4.23.  I
> have noticed posts where others have also use this part with the MPC880.
> I was wondering if anyone could let me know what driver they were using
> and where I could possibly obtain it.  If anyone could also tell me if
> they were successful using this driver, I would greatly appreciate it.

See the linuxppc_2_4_devel module on our CVS server. Our  driver  for
the  ISP1362  has  been  tested  for host function (memory stick, USB
modem, USB-serial adapter,  USB  network  adapter),  device  function
(network  device) and as gadget driver (communicating with Windows PC
using RNDIS drivers).

The code is stable.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Crash programs fail because they are based on the theory  that,  with
nine women pregnant, you can get a baby a month.  - Wernher von Braun