ELDK on a PowerPC host machine?

annamaya annamaya at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 02:51:31 EST 2005

I noticed that ELDK from denx does not support running
on a PowerPC host machine like the Power G4 or G5.
When I tried rebuilding it on a Power G4 with
YellowDog installed on it, it complained that the
PowerPC host machine is not supported. Why is this
host architecture not supported? I also found out that
MontaVista does not support the PowerPC host
architecture anymore which they did a while ago. What
seems to be the real reason for not supporting this?
Thanks for the reply.