AW: TQM860L hangs after soft reboot

Martin Krause Martin.Krause at tqs.de
Fri Jan 14 01:46:34 EST 2005

Hi Jens-Peter,

linuxppc-embedded-bounces at ozlabs.org wrote on Donnerstag, 13. Januar
2005 13:37:
> Hi all,
> We've designed a custom board for an TQM860L module from
> TQ-Components.
> Now the following behaviour occurs:
> After a soft reset (from linux or bootloader u-boot) the board hangs.
> Only a hard reset (power cycle or RESIN# pin low of TQ-Modul) wakes
> it up.

RESIN# is routed to pin PORESET# of the CPU (with some reset logic in between).

> In the evaluation board STK8xxL from TQ the modul boots normally
> after a soft reset. I assume it might be a forgotten pullup- or pull
> down in our custom board.

Try a look at the user manual: MPC860UM 3/2003, REV 2, Table 11-1.MPC860
Reset Responses and the following chapter.

> By the way, how does linux handle a soft reset?

U-Boot uses the checkstop reset (caused by a machine check after
trying to execute an instruciton at a non-existing address).

Hope this was somewhat of a help.

Regards,
Martin