TQM860L hangs after soft reboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 14 01:46:05 EST 2005

In message <1D40077EC04042479FDA552D718E051B010D7528 at ktms3.net.local> you wrote:

> After a soft reset (from linux or bootloader u-boot) the board hangs.

I don't know which Linux kernel you're running, but U-Boot triggers a
checkstop reset of the CPU to reboot the system.  If  this  does  not
restart the board, then there is a hardware problem.

> I assume it might be a forgotten pullup- or pull down in our custom
> board.
>
> Any hints which pins I must check?

You should probably contact TQ Support with such a question. I  doubt
that this is a topic for this mailing list. Try asking Andreas Widder,
08153-9308-235, <Andreas.Widder at tqc.de>

> By the way, how does linux handle a soft reset?

See function m8xx_restart() in "arch/ppc/kernel/m8xx_setup.c"; in our
linuxppc_2_4_devel tree the  same  mechanism  as  in  U-Boot  (i.  e.
checkstop reset) is used.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The best things in life are for a fee.