MPC8272ADS and frame buffer

Federico Lucifredi flucifredi at acm.org
Fri Jan 7 07:55:54 EST 2005

Hello Federico,
    It turns out you can solve your problem by using the Epson SD13806
evaluation board (s5u13806b00c). It comes with drivers distributed,
inanely enough, as a patch for a specific kernel, so prepare for some
hand-patching. Other than that, it works.

    Love answering myself :)  -Federico

>Hello Linux-PPCers,
>    I have a quick one: I am looking at the Arabella kernel on the
>MPC8272ADS, which I am planning to use as a prototyping platform while
>we get to figure out a BSP for our custom board.
>
>    Now, I have an Epson card on hand (13806) which I know to be working
>on ppc, and which has drivers as a kernel patch for 2.4.21, and I have a
>radeon card on hand which I used to like because of its vesa 2.0
>compliance.  The first brings up the problem of porting the patch to the
>2.4.26 kernel, which Arabella/Yuli Barcohen customized to the
>MPC8272ADS. The latter, according to Yuli himself, won't work because of
>BIOS initialization issues.
>
>    I do not mind buying another card if necessary (time is at a greater
>premium), but I would like to know that there is a 2.4.6 driver for it
>or that it is supported by Arabella's kernel.
>
>Anyone here using the Arabella BSP on the 8272ADS with a frame buffer on
>it ? What setup are you using?
>
>-Federico

-- "'Problem' is a bleak word for challenge" - Richard Fish

Muad'Dib of Caladan (Federico L. Lucifredi)- Harvard University & BU
http://metcs.bu.edu/~lucifred