MPC5200 PCI byte-swapping

Stefan Nickl Stefan.Nickl at kontron.com
Tue Jan 4 20:37:39 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 17:47 +0100, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> >Thanks.  I had an older manual that didn't spell it out so
> >clearly.
> >
> >I've been trying to interpret the PCI sections for some other
> >82xx family parts, and it appears that they do NOT do this
> >byte lane swapping, so this make the 5200 non-standard in
> >this regard, which is unfortunate.  If I'm understanding this
> >right, one would have to have different drivers for a PCI
> >device on a 5200 and an 8270, for instance.
> >

> Mmmm ...
> Still I use the intel eepro driver without problems or modifications.
> As long as the driver uses the proper readl/writel that should do
> it or am I mistaken ?

This reminds me of an issue with the Coral P PCI graphics chip I
encountered a while ago. The driver is from the Denx CVS and was
apparently developed on a 5200.

When I tried it on a mpc8540, the console text looked blueish, but I
could not investigate further. But I know where I'd look at now ...

--
Stefan Nickl
Kontron Modular Computers