inflate returned FFFFFFFD - what does this error exactly mean ?

Povolotsky, Alexander Alexander.Povolotsky at marconi.com
Sun Jan 2 16:58:18 EST 2005

>Try storing the compressed image at  a  higher  address
>(like 0x400000 or so).

Originally I had relocation address be 0x00400000;
I also tried 0x00500000 and finally 0x00600000 (shown below)
- all 3 cases give the same error.

loaded at:     00180000 00268160
relocated to:  00600000 006E8160
board data at: 006E6124 006E6140
relocated to:  0060509C 006050B8
zimage at:     0060587D 006E5F82
avail ram:     006E9000 02000000

Linux/PPC load: console=ttyCPM0 panic=3 root=/dev/ram
Uncompressing Linux...
in gzip
after zalloc
after zlib_inflateInit2