any hints using gcc 3.4.3 for 2.4.25 kernel?

Gerhard Jaeger g.jaeger at sysgo.com
Thu Feb 24 01:54:56 EST 2005

On Monday 21 February 2005 15:12, Wojciech Kromer wrote:
> a)first i have:
> - 2.4.25 kernel (from denx cvs)
> - eldk with 2.95.4 compiler
> this one set works fine :)
>
> b)then, i've tried  to same sources with:
> gcc-3.4.3 , self build from uClibc buildroot
> new hernel hangs just after decompressing :(
>
> any tricks?

you can use the include/linux/init.h and compiler.h from 2.4.29
kernel + patching some header files, where the inlining does not
work any longer. I also suggest comparing with 2.4.29 kernel.

ciao,
Gerhard

--
Gerhard Jaeger <gjaeger at sysgo.com>
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software